Do you get pulled into your childs angry emotions? Is it hard for you to keep your cool when your child is being agressive? There is good reason for that.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why kids anger outburts feels treatening and triggering to you
- How to let your kids feel angry and keep anger safe in the heat of the moment
- How to help your child learn to regulate their emotions
- How to change your mindset about anger to reduce threat
If you want to respond better when your child is experiencing anger and teach them coping skills for the future, this episode is for you.
Dr. Hilary Mandzik is a licensed psychologist, certified perinatal mental health specialist, Circle of Security Parenting facilitator & mom of three who’s passionate about supporting parents. Through her courses, programs, and coaching, Dr. Hilary helps parents break unhelpful cycles & parent in a way that TRULY feels good – for them and for their kids.
Connect with Hilary:
- 6 Mindset Shifts to Ditch the Overwhelm & Parent in a Way That Feels Good!
- Raised Resilient Podcast
- Raised Resilent Website
Listen to related episodes:
- Ep 32: How to handle toddler meltdowns // Hilary Mandzik
- Ep 3: Why punishing kids for their emotions is not helpful and what to do instead
- Ep 79: Have a child with big emotions? How to deal with your childs big feelings // Rachel Bailey
Download Free Guide:
5 Powerful and effective ways to calm down when feeling triggered
Contact: [email protected]
Submit a Question to be answered on the show
Leave me a voice memo with a question/comment
Support this podcast for a small monthly donation