We're back and ready for action in this Personally I Episode we are drinking smoked roses and talking mad trash on significant pop culture controversies. So, grab a cup and buckle up because we're racing to the bottom of the glass!
Smoked Rose Cocktail
For the Rosemary Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons rosemary
For the Cocktail:
- 1 sprig of dried rosemary
- 2 ounces Scotch whisky
- 1/2 ounce Green Chartreuse liqueur [we don’t have access to that so we used Vermouth]
- 1/4 ounce rosemary syrup
Steps to Make It
Make the Rosemary Syrup
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a slow boil.
- Add the sugar and stir until it's entirely dissolved.
- Reduce the heat, add the rosemary, and cover the pan. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool completely, keeping it covered.
- Strain out the rosemary and bottle the flavored syrup in a glass jar with a tight seal. It should be refrigerated and will keep for about 2 weeks.
Make the Smoked Rose Cocktail
- Smoke a coupe glass to flavor the inside: Light the dried rosemary sprig on fire, extinguish the flame, and place it inside the glass.
- In a mixing glass filled with ice, pour the scotch, Green Chartreuse, and rosemary syrup. Stir well.
- Strain into the smoked glass.
- Serve and enjoy.